Saturday, August 30, 2014

THE HEART'S DISCOVERY ~ BOOK ONE~ of THE HOPE VALLEY SAGA by AMY MCGUIRE

The Heart's Discovery (The Hope Valley Saga Book 1

Are you a YA Romance fan? Want to remember what it feels like to be young? Pick up this book today! With themes of self-acceptance, first love, and overcoming prejudice, this is a book you won't be able to put down!

Anjaline Rodriguez thinks that mountain boy Gabriel Walker is a snob, even though she can't stop thinking about his fathomless eyes. Could he just be shy? Damian Vega could be trouble, but bad boys are hard to resist, especially when the good one seems like a judgmental know-it-all.

She thought her world had ended when her stepfather's job ripped her away from her friends and her dream of attending the prestigious Cotopaxi Academy back home in Quito, Ecuador. Anjaline goes from a tropical, densely populated Latin American city to a cold, drizzly Canadian village populated by three small families, complete with major culture shock. On top of being stuck in the middle of nowhere, she has no clue how to deal with two attractive boys.

Gabriel thinks the exotic Latina is too spoiled. He's never figured out how to talk to pretty girls anyway, and can't get rid of that stutter when he's nervous. It’s practically love at first sight. Gabriel knows he needs to tell her how he feels, but while he’s gathering his courage, Damian may just spoil everything. Will Anjaline return Gabriel’s feelings in time or will tragedy tear them apart before she has the chance?
Image of Amy McGuire        
You can find me at www.shesanauthor.com and contact me anytime at shesanauthor@gmail.com   Feel free to look me up on Facebook at www.facebook.com/authoramymcguire  and request to join my group. I'm also on Twitter of course, @shesanauthor  and would love it if you followed my blog at www.shesanauthor.wordpress.com

I was born in the tiny town of Campbell River, B.C. and grew up a child of missionary parents in East Africa. By the time I reached high school I was writing for fun and slowly getting interested in both reading and writing romance. One thing I would say that makes my writing stand out from others in the romance genre is my strong belief that sex is designed for marriage and marriage alone. I don't ignore the fact that we as a society can be strongly tempted but I know from personal experience that if we abstain from pre-marital sex and only give the most precious gift we have to give-our virginity-to our marriage partner that a lot of baggage can be left behind. My characters are tempted just like anyone else but self-control is of paramount importance to me and as such, important to my characters as well. Teenagers are such a target for 'sex sells' and 'just do it' marketing. As a mother of a girl who will be a teenager all too soon I feel it is my duty to project a message of self-restraint to the youth of today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment